Information provided directly by you.
- Information collected online on our website or other digital platforms and Apps, for example by filling in the “contact” section when you subscribe to the Newsletter proposed by PLOCUS, or when you create your customer account in the PLOCUS Online Boutique;
- Information collected through the "candidate space" available via PLOCUS Careers.
Important Notice: When submitting any personal data, including multimedia contents (photographs, videos …) please ensure it is accurate and do not transmit any content which is not expressly requested through a questionnaire or any other collection method (such as commercial information, advertising, personal creations, ideas, or concepts).
Information we obtain indirectly about you.
Some additional information is collected indirectly about you while you are browsing the PLOCUS website. This information is technically needed for the proper functioning of the PLOCUS website, to improve your browsing experience or in order for PLOCUS to perform analytics that will enable us to serve you better by personalizing our online services for you.
- Technical information, such as IP address and cookies, linked to your browsing on our websites, for logging purposes and identification of your country/city via geolocation;
- Information relative to your online profile and website usage data (e.g. behavioral analysis via cookies and similar technologies, your navigation trail of the website, registration of products in the shopping basket );
- Personal data collected via media platforms and social networks (e.g. when you follow PLOCUS's pages on those social networks, personal information that you have designated as public and that can be publicly viewed on your social network profile).
Our website does not specifically focus on minors. If we should nevertheless inadvertently collect such information, the minor's legal representative can exercise the minor’s rights on his/her behalf and on his/her name at any time (see below).
In order to fight against counterfeiting and infringement, PLOCUS has set up automated processes to collect information on companies or individuals who commit or are likely to commit acts that violate its rights. This information will be accessible to any company legally authorized to use the PLOCUS trademarks that has been a victim of such violations, for the purpose of taking action or any necessary measures to protect their rights.
If you are an existing or prospective client of PLOCUS, we may use your personal data in order to:
- enable you to browse through our website and other digital platforms and to use your personal online account;
- enable you to obtain information on our products and services from our Customer Care Center- in our “Contact” section for instance;
- enable you to purchase PLOCUS products in our PLOCUS boutiques and other points of sale;
- enable you to access PLOCUS services in our PLOCUS boutiques and other points of sale, or on our website and other digital platforms – for instance, to book an appointment or to create a PLOCUS product wish list;
- enable you to access our extensive after-sales care services;
- respect our legal obligations, including inter alia cosmetics regulations, the fight against money laundering, credit card fraud and the fight against counterfeit;
- collect your opinion on our PLOCUS products and services, in particular via surveys and questionnaires;
- establish statistics, financial and commercial studies;
- keep you informed about our latest collections, products, campaigns, shows and other events by sending you PLOCUS communications (by electronic mail, by post or via your phone: calls, chat, SMS and MMS and third-party media platforms);
- improve our understanding of your interests and preferences so that we can deliver personalized offers and other services that would correspond better to your needs and wishes;
- evaluate your CV and other background appropriately for open positions via internal and external experts in the case of job applicants.
Our processing of your personal data is based on our obligation to comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
It is also based on the necessity to carry out the purchase contract with you, to provide you the website, app or other online services as requested by you or, if legally required, on your consent.
We may also rely on our legitimate interest in the completion of sales and in our commitment to offer you seamless after sales services and a personalized and highly qualitative treatment in the long term.
If you are a job applicant, we process the personal data you provide us with in order to recruit for any vacancy (in the section “Careers”) and more particular in order to assess whether we shall enter into an employment contract with you based on our legitimate interest to hire the best-qualified human resources.
Within the PLOCUS Organization. Your personal data will only be accessible to a limited list of recipients on a “need to know” basis:
- If you are a current or potential client of PLOCUS, only the PLOCUS employees that are working within the teams that need to have your information (for example, Customer Relationship Management, Commercial Management, Legal, Compliance and IT) will access your personal data;
- If you are a candidate, only the Human Resources Department as well as the hiring managers will access your personal data.
Outside of the PLOCUS Organization.Your personal data will not be provided to a third party except to other PLOCUS entities for the purposes explained above and to service providers acting on behalf of PLOCUS on the basis of secure contractual arrangements which will include strict data protection obligations. We will in particular provide your personal data to service providers or suppliers who assist us in operating our websites, apps and other digital platforms, conducting our business, servicing you or protecting the security and integrity of our business (including IT maintenance, security and support service provider, hosting provider, payment provider, marketing and advertising partners, mailing or emailing services or customer care center,etc).
For job applicants, please note that we also collaborate with external recruitment experts that we may share your CV with in the recruitment process in order to ensure proper evaluation of all applicants.
PLOCUS may also have to transfer personal data to third parties when it receives a request by an authority empowered by law to do so, pursuant to applicable laws and regulations. We may also have to transfer personal data to another legal entity for the purposes of a collaboration, joint venture, corporate reorganization, change of legal form or other similar event. In case of a merger or sale, your personal data will be permanently transferred to the successor company.
Applicable legal and regulatory requirements are taken into consideration before any cross border transfer of your data.
- Any data transfers outside your country will be secured through appropriate contractual guarantees which will also be in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Data transfers among PLOCUS entities will ultimately be covered by the Binding Corporate Rules upon their approval by regulators.
You may receive copy of such documents upon request.
Alongside the commitment to offering the highest standards of services and products, we consider that our products should entitle you to personalized client treatment and incomparable after-sales services that may last for a lifetime for some products. For this purpose, and to ensure such services, we may need to keep your personal data for as long as it is needed for the provision of such services.
In particular your personal data will be retained until your last use or purchase of our services or goods and normally for a period of up to 10 years thereafter, unless shorter or longer retention is required by applicable local law or where we have a legitimate and lawful purpose to do so.
For the Fragrance & Beauty products sold on our website, we keep your data for as long as it is necessary to comply with applicable legislation regarding product guarantee and safety and in order to follow up with you on the results of the product and offer you continuous advice.
We welcome and value applications from talented candidates. Even if your application on the “Careers” section of our website is not successful, we may keep your data on file for up to 2 years following your last visit to our candidate space and call you if another appropriate opportunity arises. In case you choose not to be contacted for future opportunities, your data will be kept for up to 6 months. Where necessary, we may keep your data longer in archives in order to align with the applicable statute of limitations for claims around the recruitment process.
Cookies managed by PLOCUS are stored for up to 13 months.
PLOCUS respects the retention periods imposed by applicable laws and regulations. To the extent your data is no longer necessary for the provision of a service (including the after sales service referred to above) or if you no longer wish to be part of our distribution list for newsletters, beauty tips and events, your data will be deleted or archived in an anonymized or de-identified format in order to comply with applicable regulation.
- “A right of access and information: you have the right to be informed in a concise, transparent, intelligible and easily accessible form of the way in which your personal data is processed. You also have the right to obtain (i) confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning you are being processed, and, where that is the case (ii) to access such personal data and obtain a copy thereof.
- A right to rectification: you have the right to obtain the rectification of your personal data. You also have the right to have incomplete personal data completed.
- A right to erasure: in some cases, you have the right to obtain the erasure of your personal data. However, this is not an absolute right and PLOCUS may have legal or legitimate grounds for keeping such personal data.
- A right to restriction of processing: in some cases, you have the right to obtain restriction of the processing of your personal data.
- A right to data portability: you have the right to receive your personal data which you have provided to PLOCUS, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and you have the right to transmit those data to another controller without hindrance from PLOCUS. This right only applies when the processing of your Personal Data is based on your consent or on a contract and such processing is carried out by automated means.
- A right to object to processing: you have the right to object to processing of your personal data when such processing is based on the legitimate interest of PLOCUS. PLOCUS may, however, invoke compelling legitimate grounds for continued processing. You also have the right to object at any time to the processing of your personal data for marketing purposes.
To exercise the above rights please contact us via the channels provided below and communicate the following information: name, surname, e-mail or any other information necessary to confirm your identity in order for us to process the request (such as your postal address).
You also have the right to unsubscribe from our “Newsletter” at any time:
- by simply clicking on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of each Newsletter
- by filling out the “Contact” form and specifying your request, as well as the e-mail address to unsubscribe in your message
- by mentioning it to our PLOCUS boutiques or other points of sale;
- through the online preferences center.
Finally, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a competent supervisory authority in case of breach of the applicable privacy laws and regulations, in particular the GDPR but also any other national or regional privacy laws applicable to you.
Cookies are pieces of information that any website may transfer to your browser that are then stored in your computer system. For example, the deposit of cookies enhances your online experience by allowing us to save your preferences.
- Determine statistics and volumes relating to traffic in order to improve the relevance and user-friendliness of the services offered to you;
- Provide you with services and navigation adapted by personalizing your user interface;
- Share information with other websites, media partners and social networks in order to offer you pertinent promotional and adverting communications that match your interests (third party cookies).
We may also collect your shortened IP address on a non-readable basis, which does not allow us to identify you.
If you do not wish PLOCUS to use all or part of the above-mentioned third party cookies, please send a email to email@example.com
You may also disable the installation of “cookies” by configuring your browser appropriately.
Please be aware that restricting cookies may impact on your user experience and may prevent you from using part of our website.
To exercise your rights please send your request to our Customer Service Department:
- by mail : writing to PLOCUS - 8, rue Henri Matisse 91100 Corbeil-Essonnes
- by email : firstname.lastname@example.org
- by phone: +33 1 60 90 89 43